“Life is a gift. Always make the most of it.”
The picture you see is of me on the beach in Cuba back in May, 2010. I was looking at the water and thinking at the time of the fact that I not only love Cuba; I have to continue to find and do more things that make me passionate about life. At the time, things were good; but not great. I was mentally burnt out, and I needed to recharge my passion for life. It turned to be an amazing trip, and when I came back home to Toronto I focused on better balancing my life. Life is the greatest gift that we can ever receive in our lifetime, and Cuba reminded me to never forget that.
We all should be living life to the fullest, unfortunately for many of us we just forget how to. Maybe it is us taking life for granted. Maybe it is fear. Maybe it is not wanting to put in the time and effort. Maybe it is just us foolishly telling ourselves that we don’t deserve it. Or maybe it is just us overlooking the things that drive our passion for life.
We must remember that we only have one shot to live life to the fullest. Let me say it again: We have only one shot to live life to the fullest. So why not just go for it. Here are 5 ways to live life to the fullest:
1. Do things that make you happy. Do you like to travel? Do you like to hang with friends? Do you like to exercise? Whatever you like to do and it puts a smile on your face, do it. Make sure things that make you happy are really good for you, and gives you the drive to be great. For example, I love to workout. When I workout, not only do I burn off calories; it allows me to reduce my stress and refocus on what I need to do to be successful and happy. When you are doing things that make you feel good about yourself, you become confident and have little time to focus on negative things which leads me to Tip#2:
2. Stop doing things that make you unhappy. Unfortunately many of us do and put up with things that make us unhappy. The job we really hate. The negative family and friends that like to highlight how bad their day is everyday. If you are doing something right now that makes you feel unhappy either 1. Stop doing it right away or 2. Make a plan to stop doing things that make you unhappy or to address a situation that needs to be put to rest. The less negative things we have in our lives, it gives us more time to do things that we really enjoy and make us appreciate the life we have.
3. Read positive quotes and affirmations. It is amazing that when you see and read something inspiring, on how it can motivate and inspire you to be better. In your saddest moments, we all need something or someone to say something that will help us turn that frown upside down. Many of our family and friends are sharing on social media inspirational quotes and affirmations that put us in better spirits. Practice everyday reading or watching something that will inspire you to be the best that you can be.
4. Be around inspirational and positive people. There are the people when you see and interact with them, they always have a smile or their face and stay positive no matter what circumstances are happening to them. These are the type of people who you should be around and in touch with as much as possible. You’ll also find that when you are around those who are inspirational and positive, you will be the same as well. And that means you’ll be someone who inspire and help others become better too.
5. Always find ways to develop and improve yourself. As we get older, many of us tend to overlook the importance of continuing to develop and improve ourselves. Whether it is going back to school or going to the gym for the first time, it is never too late to become better than you were yesterday. For example, I went back to school after taking 13 years off from it. I know I am better for being in school again. Without going back to school, not only would I not get my certification in Digital Marketing Management; I would never of started writing a blog to help inspire others to be better.
BONUS: Find a way to give back to others
We are many times focused on doing things for ourselves, and we tend to overlook the importance of giving back to others. I am guilty of this too at times. However, I have come to realize that this is one of the most important things we must do. Taking the time to make a phone call to friend or loved ones. Taking the time to volunteer at a charity. Taking the time to say hello or say thank you to someone.
Never get tired of doing little things for others. Sometimes those little things occupy the biggest part of their HEARTS.
Life is the greatest gift that we can ever receive in our lifetime. With this great gift, we must do all that we can to live it the best way possible. I have provided 5 ways on how to live life to the fullest. Remember, that there are many other ways as well. No matter what methods you use, ensure that you are doing all that you can to enjoy and live life to the fullest.
The most important thing is to enjoy your life – to be happy – it’s all that matters.- Audrey Hepburn