It’s important to be motivated to achieve our goals and happiness. It helps us not only grow and thrive; it enables to help others do the same. Being able to keep the drive to succeed can be overwhelming and challenging; due to various things that happen in our lives. Despite these challenges, we must always keep the fire inside ourselves burning as much as possible. Here are 10 ways to inspire and motivate yourself during any point of your life:
1. Make a goals list yourself with rewards and consequences. This is a great way to get yourself going. You set your goals small or large. For example: Your goal could be to get a new job. The reward is you find a new exciting opportunity. The consequence for not finding a new job is you’ll plateau in your current role. By having a reward and consequence for your goals list, you’ll work your hardest not to fail.
2. Ask yourself questions. Questions help to awaken your mind and what you want out of life. Here are some questions to ask yourself:
What am I happy about in my life right now?
How do I want to be remembered?
What actions should I take to achieve my goals?
It is really important that you take some time to ask yourself questions, and how these questions make you feel. The questions you ask yourself are great. They can make you recognize what makes you happy and your wants out of life. It helps to create that positive inspiration and motivation to achieve the life you really want.
3. Compare yourself with yourself. Not with others. We all have our own story and journey. Comparing what you have to what other people have and accomplished can really kill your motivation. There are always people ahead of you. Don’t forget that there are those behind you as well. So focus on you. On your results. And how you can and have improved on them.
Take the time to look at your results, see what you have achieved, and where you need to improve on. You’ll realize what you have done achieved up to this point is great. It will give you even more motivation to shine.
4. Remember your successes. A lot of times we forget on many of the great things we have accomplished. It’s important to remember all your successes. If you need to, get a journal and write down all these accomplishments. It’s a great way to set and achieve more goals.
5. Have fun! Always remember to do things that make you smile. Spending time with family and friends. Going to workout. Traveling. Going to get a coffee or tea at Starbucks. It’s always important to do things that make us enjoy life.
6. Don’t be afraid to fail. As Wayne Gretzky has said: “You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
What makes life exciting is going after goals and dreams. Sometimes fear paralyzes people from going after what they really want. It’s OK to be afraid. It’s not okay to not even try. We will fail in life. It’s through those failures where we learn valuable lessons; and we become stronger and better from them.
7. Find out what makes you happy. Once you know what activities make you feel alive, do as much of those activities as possible.
8. Act like those who inspire you. Read about them, watch them, listen to them. Discover what they did that was special and what made them tick. But remember that they are people just like us. So let them inspire you instead of looking up at them admiringly.
9. Step out of your comfort zone. To achieve new goals and skills, many times it requires us to do things we are uncomfortable with. It’s important to face these challenges head on, and not focusing on the negatives of doing this. You’ll find stepping out of your comfort zone will enable you to accomplish things that you thought were not possible.
10. Life is a gift; make the most of it. We don’t have all the time in the world. So focus on today and do the things you really want to do.
Have a great day!