The one word to describe 2014 for me would be the following: AWESOME!
Here are the reasons why it was awesome for me:
1. Made a career change. Making the leap to leave a great company to the unknown is not an easy thing to do. On February 7, I left Dell Canada Inc. after 12 great years. I didn’t know what my next move would be. I just knew that it was a time to write a new chapter. After 9 months or 281 days, I started at Staples Inc. It has been great at Staples, and I’m thankful that I was given a chance to succeed. Many people including myself knew I would find what I was looking for. This is a reminder that when you are a good person, work hard, and believe in yourself; GOOD THINGS HAPPEN 🙂
2. Picked up my love for traveling. I went on 3 personal trips and 1 business trip this year in 2014. These are all personal records for me. From Cancun, Mexico to Boston, Massachusetts, I really got to see places I have never been to before. Traveling is a great way to recharge and refocus your mind, body and spirit. I waited two years to go and travel, and that was way too long. In 2015 and onwards, I will always find a way to go and travel.
3. Finished school at the University of Toronto. Having to spend a weekday and travel to school is a lot of work, especially when you have a lot on your plate. Finishing off my certification in Digital Marketing Management this year, was a major accomplishment for myself. I completed the 4 required courses in just over a year. My close friend who I will call Batman, said this was something I needed to do. He was right. Not only did I complete school; It enabled me to meet new people, take my e-commerce career to new heights, and never forget the importance of learning new things.
4. Launched and began my blog. For over a year, I wanted to launch a blog to motivate and inspire others. On July 28th, I launched and published my first blog. I haven’t stopped since. My blog posts have received a lot of views, shares, and people are really enjoying them. I never thought I would be blogging. I am glad it did. I wanted to share my life lessons and stories on how to keep your head up; especially during the darkest of times. In 2015, I will continue to blog and share more inspirational posts/affirmations.
5. Life is a gift and make the most of it. After all these things, the most important thing I remembered is to live life to the fullest. You have to always live the life that makes you happy. Many family and friends will try to push their ideas and beliefs on what makes you happy. Don’t listen to them. Listen to yourself, and go for what makes you happy. When you do that, a lot of amazing things happen. You open yourself to a world that the sky’s the limit, and you wake up each day with a big smile on your face.
The reality is that many of us think that we are going to live forever. The reality is that we are all on borrowed time. While we are here, we must strive to be the best that we can be. I believe the best way to do that is by remembering how lucky we are to be alive, and to live the happiest lives possible. Don’t wait till tomorrow to start being happy. Start today to make the life you want.
2014 was AWESOME! In 2015 AWESOMENESS continues!