Let me share a short story with you.
When I was in Cancun, Mexico in February this year, I was on my balcony in my hotel room feeling sorry for myself. I didn’t know what my next career move would be, no girlfriend, and in a country all by myself. Rather than feel sorry for myself even more, I decided to leave my room and tour the resort I was staying at.
I went to the hotel bar, and then met and chatted with two guys. We made a promise to each other: To have fun from that night till we left Mexico. That was a great and exciting week in Mexico. That trip help to start my 2014 on a high, and I haven’t been down much since.
That trip was a great reminder to treat myself with more kindness and respect, and live the best life possible. And today, I want to encourage you to do the same.
It’s almost 2015, and the beginning of a great year. Here are 5 ways to make 2015 a great year for you:
1. Make happiness a priority for you. How can you make others happy if you are not happy with yourself? You have to start by making yourself top priority. If you are happier with yourself, you can inspire and motivate others to do the same for themselves.
2. Challenge yourself to do things that scare you. Traveling on my own, going back to school, and starting a blog were some things that in the past scared me. There is no harm in trying to do new things. There is greater harm by not trying at all. Don’t be afraid to do things that will help you become a better person.
3. Forgive yourself for past mistakes. We have all made mistakes. And we are going to continue to make thousands more. However, it is important to forgive yourself and move forward. If you don’t forgive yourself, you will be holding yourself back from accomplishing great things. By forgiving yourself right now, it is a great way to start the New Year on a high.
4. Do more things that make you feel great. Whether it is traveling, spending time with friends, exercising, or reading; do more activities that make you feel alive. By consistently doing things that make you feel great about yourself, you develop a great energy and confidence to be your best always.
5. Remember how awesome you are. How can others view yourself in the highest light, if you don’t look at yourself that way? Don’t forget to wake up each and every morning, and start your day by telling yourself how awesome you are. By seeing yourself in the highest light, you are placing yourself to achieve great things from 2015 and onwards.
Happy New Year and 2015 will be a great year for us all!