Making a career change. Completing my certification at the University Of Toronto. 3 major trips and 1 business trip. Going to the Beyonce/Jay-Z concert. Meeting Roberto Alomar and Devon White. Saying goodbye to old relationships, and hello to new ones. Renewing my faith and using it to follow a greater path. These are many of the great things that happened for me in 2014. 2014 was an awesome year, and love thinking of how much I have changed in just a year.
I believe in myself more than ever, and I feel like there is nothing that I can’t do or accomplish. Not everyone will be able to develop this kind of confidence, and I get it. To take the risks I took in 2014 was scary, as well as exciting. It was time to make some serious changes, and I wanted to be more happy with my life.
The month of January is now more than halfway completed in 2015. As I thought about this year, one question I asked myself was the following: Can I make 2015 better than 2014? My answer: HELL YES. If there was any other answer than this, then I have already set myself up for failure in 2015. I believe each year can be better for us. It’s just that each year brings new lessons and opportunities.
There are many things that I need to accomplish and build upon for this year:
1. Work hard at my new position and build towards a more leadership role. I am back to work in a leadership position. That is just the beginning. I would like in the long-term to continue to build my career and be in a higher leadership position in the future. I feel I have the tools to help lead a business and inspire others to career success.
2. Mend relationships and reconnect with people. I have had my challenges to deal with before returning back to work, and I kept to myself for a while. I am sorry to those that I distanced myself from. I needed time to figure myself out, and in certain cases it was best to not talk. At the time, I may have felt the negative talk or just what people were advising was just not best for me. This will take some time, and I’ll slowly reconnect with those that I want to reconnect with.
3. Continue to grow my networks. I want to continue to build my personal and business networks, and be around people who are game changers. What I mean by game changers is that they will offer importance in my life, that will enable me to become a stronger and better person. This was a key reason why I achieved success in 2014. I want to continue that in 2015 and onwards.
4. Go away on a sports trip a see a game live. This was something I wanted to do last year, and it never worked out for various reasons. I don’t want another year to go by and this doesn’t happen. I would love to go to somewhere like New Year, Detroit, Chicago, Boston to name a few cities and make this happen.
5. Grow my blog to newer heights. I started to blog last year, and it has done wonders for me. Besides keeping me level headed during my time finding a new career opportunity, it has been a great way to inspire others to become better. I will look to enhance the look and feel of my site, and want to grow my followers. I also want to follow and read more blogs as well.
6. Continue to self improve. Self improvement is always a continuous exercise, and at the same time not an exercise. When you improve one of thing, there are many other things that you need to work on. For myself, I need to continue to building my patience, not always feeling the need to say yes to everything, and better balance my life. I have already begun working on these areas, and these will always be areas of growth for me.
I believe I will have a great 2015, and I have the right tools to do so. I have the right attitude. I’m confident. I know how to make things happen. Most important: I believe that 2015 will be awesome! I hope 2015 will be awesome for you all as well.
“One step at a time. Be the best you can be. These are the right words that can place you one step closer to having an awesome 2015”