“I am the master of my fate. I am the captain of my soul.”- William Ernest Henley
The most important job title many of us overlook is the following: You are the CEO of your life! Think about how important that title is and what it means. It means that you are the one in charge of your life. There is no one else that you can put it that role except yourself. It’s a title that many of us are aware of. It’s a title that many of us overlook. It’s a title that reminds us on the importance of being in control of ourselves. Without dealing with this role effectively, it will result in us leading a happy and successful life.
I believe we can all be the best that we can be. As running our self-business, we must remember that we will have victories and setbacks many times over in our lives. When we have victories, we must take a moment to celebrate our accomplishments. When we have setbacks, we must take a moment to step back and learn from those situations. We must also remember to always take the right actions to be successful. Here are keys ways to be the best CEO of your life:
1. Be around people who are positive and can inspire you to become better. When you are around those who achieve greatness, you will want to become great as well.
2. Stay away from negative and toxic people. When you surround yourself with those who bring you down, you’ll go with them. Eliminate those who are energy drainers, and offer little support from you. Life is too short to be around those who have little to no value in your live.
3. Always look to learn new skills and self improve. From taking courses from school to doing a new activity; self-improvement is a necessary activity. It enables you to learn new skills and grow in ways that can help take yourself to new heights.
4. Remind yourself how awesome you are. Repeat after me: “I am awesome.” When you wake up every morning, remind yourself how great you are. When you go to bed, tell yourself again how great you are. By telling yourself this, you become more motivated and inspired to do great things.
5. Do things that make you happy. Whatever puts a smile on your face and inspire you to be happy; do more of that. Spend more time with those that you care about. Hit the weights at the gym. Go see the latest movie at the theater. By doing things that make us happy, it brings great energy to our lives.
6. It’s OK to be selfish. We have to sometimes take time for ourselves to recover and regroup from challenging days and setbacks. Whether it’s placing the cell phone away, staying off social media, or just distancing yourself from the world for a bit; always take some time for yourself to take care of your priorities.
7. Always do what is best for you. Family, friends, and co-workers at times will try to pressure you into things are you are not passionate or interested in. No one has the right to tell you what makes you happy or what’s best for you. Only you know what is best for you. Even if you know that you’ll be looked down upon, always make the choices that are best for you. You’ll be better for it.
The most important business you’re ever going to run is your life. If you don’t run yourself the best way possible, you’ll fail in all walks of life. If you run yourself to the highest level, all the things you want to accomplish will be attainable. Have a great week to all the CEOs out there!!