Someone that I really think the world of and care about made an interesting comment about myself; that I ‘m always so positive. I told her that I wish it was that easy to be all the time. I have dealt with so many setbacks and disappointments over the years. There are moments that I have been extremely frustrated, and just my views on life haven’t always been the greatest. She found my openness and sincerity very refreshing to hear, and felt even closer to me.
We all have challenges in our lives.
At some point life is going to throw us setbacks and disappointments, and we’ll be forced to deal with these challenges.
I know many people read my blog, follow me on social media, and from the outside it looks like I am always positive; with no worries at all. I deal with life challenges just like everyone else on daily basis. To be honest, I am not always the best at dealing with adversity. I get emotional, and my mind starts playing tricks on me.
“Why did this have to happen to me?”
“I am an idiot, and should have been smarter and seen that coming”
“Life sucks and why can’t things go my way all the time?”
This is where I have to really make an effort to calm myself down, and then re-set myself to deal with challenges that lie ahead. I don’t have any real earth shattering secrets on how to overcome adversity/challenges, but I can share with you on what I find helps me:
- Surround yourself with the right people. I have those in my life who are positive influencers. Their encouragement, love and support always comes at times when you need it the most. They also know you well enough to motivate, inspire and see ways to deal with challenges in the best fashion.
- Keeping physically and mentally active. I train at my mixed martial arts club 4-5 times a week at Rev MMA. The coaches and students there are inspirational, and it’s a great way to destress. Those workouts are not only physically demanding; they’re mentally challenging as well. You can carry that energy to deal with challenges in your life head on.
- Read positive quotes, videos and affirmations on a daily basis. This is one of my favorite daily activities to do in the world. Not only do I read quotes and affirmations; I share them on my social media platforms. It inspires me to pick myself up, and continue to move forward. It also inspires others to do the same.
- Learn from your mistakes. I have made thousands of mistakes, and will continue to make more mistakes. It’s OK to make mistakes. It’s not OK to not learn from them. Take a moment to look at past mistakes, forgive and move forward. You’re not doing yourself any justice by beating yourself up from mistakes. We’re human. Remember that.
- Remember that life isn’t fair. It’s one of the hardest truths to accept, but it is reality. On any given day, life is going to throw challenges our way and it will come at the worst time. It’s at that point where we need to keep our heads up, fight, and remember we can overcome any challenge that comes our way.
- It’s about having the right attitude! Many people think I drink the Kool Aid of being so positive. I have made a conscious choice to be positive. By having an optimistic outlook on things, it helps to deal with challenges in a brighter light. What’s being negative going to help with? Nothing. So having the right attitude and positive outlook is the right choice. You’re already half way to overcoming whatever setback comes your way.
We all have challenges in our lives. There are going to be moments where we are going to be tested and have to fight. It is during these times where we must remember that we can overcome any adversities, or setbacks that come our way.
Have a great week everyone!!