8% of people will meet their New Year’s Resolution goals.
This is a statistic that I picked up from Forbes magazine recently, and was very unfortunate to read. To be honest, I am not surprised at hearing this number. I think my number of hitting New Year’s Resolution goals would be less than 1%.
For many this would be shocking to hear, as I am one who likes to set goals and strive for excellence. That is why for many years, I have stopped making New Year’s Resolutions. I usually make goals and targets for myself during the year. My goals are not always targeted to be achieved in the calendar year. I make goals and set out a timeline for when I would like to achieve them.
The purpose of this blog today, is to share some goals to strive for at any time and any place in your life. By sharing these goals, hopefully they can help put you towards achieving your dreams. Here are 20 goals that are great to have at any point of the year:
- Eat more healthy foods
- Drink more water
- Do more physical activity (e.g. walk, run, martial arts, Crossfit, yoga)
- Attend educational classes and events
- Schedule time for hobbies
- Save money and pay off debts
- Volunteer with charities
- Get more sleep
- Organize your life
- Spend more time with family and friends
- Spend more time in nature
- Read a book
- Walk more and drive less
- Learn a new skill
- Conquer a fear (e.g. public speaking)
- Travel. Plan a vacation
- Smile and laugh more
- Don’t text as much, and call people more
- Grow your income by 5% or more
- Have 30+ days of expressing gratitude to family and friends
Your goals don’t always have to be planned at a fixed point of the year. I also find that with setting goals:
- They don’t always have to be big goals. Small goals are also great to set as well
- The goals should be a mix of all walks of your life. What you achieve in your professional goals impacts your personal life, and vice versa.
- Don’t wait till January, 2016 to set goals for yourself. Setting goals can happen at any point of the year.
Take some time to think about what is important to you, and what you want to accomplish in your life. Once you know what you want, write down your goals, set time lines and then go for it!